December 02, 2020
I totally understand.
Not only do you have the hard decision of picking your favorite print for you space, then you have to determine which size to order. So many decisions! 🧐
Trust me, before I started The Sunset Shop I had no clue that there were tips and tricks to picking artwork size. I hands down can tell you that I've learned from experience...and my own errors in my house. Because there's nothing like finally picking a piece of artwork that you love, hanging it on your wall, only to realize the size doesn't look quite right...or worse, it's way too small for the space...duoh!!!
So I'm here to help with a couple of my tips and tricks!
1) First and foremost, pick the location in your space where you want artwork.
2) Measure the available wall space for the print to hang, as well as the furniture it will hang over.
3) Use the rule of 2/3rd. Any piece of artwork that you would like to hang centered above a piece of furniture (i.e. couch, bed) should be minimum 2/3rds the width of the piece of furniture.
4) When in doubt, use Kraft paper or newspaper to help visualize the size of the artwork on your wall. Simply cut the paper to size and hang on the wall.
5) Last but not least, you can contact me and ask me -- I'm always happy to help!
Comments will be approved before showing up.
September 10, 2021
If you're still working from home because of the 'Rona, how about this for a silver lining....
You don't have to worry about “fitting in” with all the other gray cubicles at work with your home office setup.
Click here to read how you can bring your happy place beach vibes to you while you work!
August 06, 2021
With all the preparations for this gallery event, from print selection to framing, I couldn’t help but share with you some tips, framing sources, and tricks I’ve learned over the years!
Click here to read them!
July 30, 2021
Rainy Season > Dry Season
Yes, I said it!
I prefer Rainy Season in Costa Rica over Dry Season...and if you love breathtaking sunsets as much as I do, then you will too!
(How about that for some rhyming... 😉😂)
So why is Rainy Season better than Dry Season in Costa Rica?
Because Rainy Season = magical sunset season in Costa Rica!
In other words, rain squalls + clouds set the stage for dramatic sunsets just like this...