December 02, 2020
I totally understand.
Not only do you have the hard decision of picking your favorite print for you space, then you have to determine which size to order. So many decisions! 🧐
Trust me, before I started The Sunset Shop I had no clue that there were tips and tricks to picking artwork size. I hands down can tell you that I've learned from experience...and my own errors in my house. Because there's nothing like finally picking a piece of artwork that you love, hanging it on your wall, only to realize the size doesn't look quite right...or worse, it's way too small for the space...duoh!!!
So I'm here to help with a couple of my tips and tricks to hanging artwork for your home!
1) First and foremost, pick the location in your space where you want artwork.
2) Measure the available wall space for the print to hang, as well as the furniture it will hang over.
3) Use the rule of 2/3rd. Any piece of artwork that you would like to hang centered above a piece of furniture (i.e. couch, bed) should be minimum 2/3rds the width of the piece of furniture. Click here to read more on how to pick the best print size for your wall!
4) When in doubt, use Kraft paper or newspaper to help visualize the size of the artwork on your wall. Simply cut the paper to size and hang on the wall. And if you're creating a gallery wall, using Kraft paper is also a great way to visualize a gallery wall layout before you start hanging your artwork -- click here for tips on how to create a gallery wall in your home!
5) Last but not least, you can contact me and ask away! From quick questions to complimentary 1-on-1 virtual design sessions, I'm always happy to help!
P.S. Check out even more interior design tips for you artwork and how-to's on The Sunset Blog!
Comments will be approved before showing up.
May 21, 2021
When a season of waiting is confusingly beautiful,
drink the sunrise 🌅 for breakfast
and kiss the balmy palms 🌴 at night --
making the most of everything. ✨
May 14, 2021
May 14, 2021
Do you have a blank space on your wall that’s begging for some sunset magic? 😍🌅🖼
But you need the artwork to be custom sized? And you’re stuck deciding which sunset photo to hang?
I can help with that!