October 23, 2020
Earlier this week, one of my Instagram friends tagged me in a post, prompting me to share eight things about me on IG...and I thought what better way for you and I to get to know each other better this #FelizFriday than for me to share these eight things with you too!
So here goes...
Eight Things About Me!
1. I traded my NYC corporate job 8 years ago for surfboard and camera in Costa Rica 8 years ago!
2. What inspired my move to CR? Surfing! I took my first surf lesson 9 years ago and it was love at first wipeout!
3. I’m 5’11”…which was great for my D1 college basketball days, but not so much for learning how to surf with a much higher center of gravity!
4. The sunsets in CR inspired me to pursue photography more than just a hobby — by making postcards out of my sunset photos!
5. The name “Samba to the Sea” was inspired by a dish towel from Anthropologie
6. Gidget’s name when I rescued her was “Brownie” — one of my nicknames!
7. I’m part Brazilian! Which is what initially drew me to the "Samba with me to the sea" tea towel while shopping in Anthropologie one afternoon!
8. I’m so thankful that you loving chasing sunsets with me!
9. Ok, I know I said eight...but I always like to be different! Ready for #9??? I can only keep a straight face in front of the camera for .5 seconds...then I burst out laughing. Just like this capture of me!
And now it's your turn!
If you'd like to share, I'd love to learn one (or a few) things about you! Comment below and I can't wait to hear from you! :)
Comments will be approved before showing up.
February 19, 2021
What’s the weather like in Costa Rica you ask?
Well, that all depends on where in Costa Rica you are. In fact, Did you know that even though Costa Rica is the size of West Virginia or Denmark, it has 20 microclimates?
February 12, 2021
Did you that there is a recipe for a magical photograph? And 1/4 of the recipe is during the editing process???
You see, the editing process is...
February 05, 2021
Sometimes you just need a little help from a friend. Especially while picking out artwork to hang in your home or to gift a loved one.
So if you’re stumped on which print from The Sunset Shop you’d like to gift next week for Val/Galentine’s Day(or to gift to yourself!), say hola to your new design friend - me(!) - and my new virtual design sessions!