October 31, 2020
I made a mistake.
Yep, I by accident sent the wrong custom framed print to a customer. Kelly ordered the horizontal framed print of Arapahoe Glow, and I sent her the vertical framed print of this gorgeous Alpen sunset glow in the Colorado Rockies. 🤦🏼♀️
Thankfully, Kelly was super understanding - - she not only graciously waited for her correct order to be printed + custom framed, but she also has helped to turn my mistake into a fundraiser for a great cause!
That's right, with an extra, custom framed print, instead of re-selling it, I'm giving away this beauty AND the amazingly talented Boston based interior designer Gina Baran is teaming up with me to turn this giveaway into a fundraiser for Four Paws @fourpawsusa!
(Four Paws is the global animal welfare organization for animals under direct human influence, which reveals suffering, rescues animals in need, and protects them.)
So what's in the giveaway?
- 16"x20" custom framed Arapahoe Glow print by yours truly
- Turkish blanket, woven lidded canister made in Kenya, and salt air soy candle
Total value of this giveaway is over $300!!!
And how does this fundraiser giveaway work?
1) Donate minimum $5 to Four Paws USA for your entry to win. Each $5 donation increment gives you an extra entry. So $10 = 2 entries, $15 = 3 entries.
2) Send me a screenshot of your completed donation or forward me the confirmation email.
3) Be sure to follow both @sambatothesea @ginabaran and @abode.shoppe
4) Winner will be picked by random number generator Sunday, November 1st.
5) Please note that winner will need to pick up the giveaway at Gina's gorgeous store Abode Shoppe in Newbury, MA or pay for domestic US shipping.
Fundraiser closed! We raised $455 for Four Paws USA!!! And congrats to Megan Smith!
Comments will be approved before showing up.
July 30, 2021
Rainy Season > Dry Season
Yes, I said it!
I prefer Rainy Season in Costa Rica over Dry Season...and if you love breathtaking sunsets as much as I do, then you will too!
(How about that for some rhyming... 😉😂)
So why is Rainy Season better than Dry Season in Costa Rica?
Because Rainy Season = magical sunset season in Costa Rica!
In other words, rain squalls + clouds set the stage for dramatic sunsets just like this...
July 08, 2021
For a brief stretch during rainy season in Costa Rica the afternoon rains stop and the refreshing offshore summer winds come back for a mini summer / little summer, or what's called Veranillo de San Juan (verano means "summer" in Spanish).
July 06, 2021
If you've ever travelled to Costa Rica, then you most likely know + love the phrase "Pura Vida" as much as I do. But if your high school Spanish aka Español is a tad bit rusty, I probably have had you wondering what the heck I mean when...